It’s that time of the year again! The Summer season is arriving and it’s time to start creating your perfect capsule wardrobe.
What is a capsule wardrobe?
The concept of a capsule wardrobe is having a limited selection of clothes that coordinate well for multiple occasions. There are many benefits to having a capsule wardrobe:
- Spend less time money on clothes
- Spend less time searching through all of your clothes
- Makes your wardrobe clutter free
- Choose different themes and colour styles for each capsule
Here are our top tips on how to make your new capsule wardrobe:
1. Empty your closet
Now, this sounds like a very laborious task but clearing the wardrobe is the first thing you need to do. This will help you to see which clothes you like and don’t like, and start to think of ideas.
2. Sort your clothes into piles
The next thing you’ll need to do is put all of your clothes onto the bed and sort them out into the following sections:
- Want: Your favourite clothes that fit your lifestyle. They are comfortable to wear and you feel confident wearing it. Once you are happy, put these clothes back into the closet.
- Maybe: This is for the clothes that don’t quite fit, or the colour is a little off. You are happy to wear them, but still feel that something is not quite right. We recommended to store these clothes away, and if you don’t wear them by the end of the season, it’s time to say goodbye.
- No: This is the ideal opportunity to get rid of the clothes you don’t want. There are many ways you can do this by donation, recycling, swapping with a friend, or selling it online to fund for new clothes.
- Seasonal: Organise what clothes you have left to each season of the year. You will start to see which seasons have less clothes, which is your opportunity to start creating a new capsule wardrobe.
3. Add new clothes to your capsule
Now we get to the fun part; choosing your new clothes for your capsule wardrobe. There are many things to consider when finding the right items:
- Colour Schemes
- Coats & Jackets
- Does it match with your accessories (handbags, jewellery etc.)
4. Store any clothes which are not in season
Once you are happy with your new selection of clothes, it’s time to store away items which are not in season. As Summer is arriving, there are many opportunities to clear out space by storing your Winter clothes. This will give you the freedom to be even more creative with your Summer collection, so have fun and express yourself!
How can we help?
Here at Space4U, we provide storage solutions to help securely store your seasonal clothes. We have plenty of storage facilities at our locations in Bracknell and Windsor, so if you are local and looking for any space, contact today on 01344 20 30 49, or fill in our contact form on the link below: